Photo: Courtesy of vendors; Illustration by Christina Park
The biggest nail trend for warm-weather wedding nails? Unexpected cool tones of blue, purple, green, and gray. Rainy pastels pair well with white, won’t clash with your bouquet, and feel totally fresh for a summer wedding. Check out a few of our favorite shades below!
1. Jin Soon Nail Polish in Auspicious: Carrying a super-bright bouquet? Them try pairing those red roses, orange calla lilies, or hot pink peonies with this chic soft-gray polish. ($18, available at Net-a-Porter)
2. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Barracuda: Blue polish isn’t just for destination brides! This cool, subtle teal would look right at home at a summertime city wedding. ($8, available at Ulta)
3. Deborah Lippmann Crème Nail Polish in Blue Orchid: Preppy brides, take note: If you’re looking for a nail color to match your fluffy pink garden roses, ocean-view ceremony, and classic white dress, this is it. ($18, available at Sephora)
4. Essie Hubby for Dessert: Hello, garden party! This pale lilac looks great next to all skin tones — and a fresh bouquet of pastel blooms. ($8.50, available at Kohl’s)
5. Smith & Cult Nail Polish in Bitter Buddhist: Leave it to new cool-girl brand Smith & Cult to find the perfect shade of green: This creamy celadon looks gorgeous on both fingers and toes. ($18, available at Smith and Cult)
6. Givenchy Nail Lacquer in Lilas D’Exception 10: If you love deep red polishes, try this summer-friendly plum instead: it looks stunning with both white and ivory, and will hold its own beside a sparkly engagement ring. ($22, available at Sephora)