Photo: Illustration by Christina Park
Whether you’re hiring a professional or going it alone when it comes to creating your bridal beauty look, it’s important to know that the products you’re using are actually going to give you the results you want. To look like the best version of yourself when you say “I do” — and for years to come after! — turn to our favorite beauty buys for 2015.
The editors at BRIDES tested hundreds of products to bring you the best of the best for all things beauty. Last week we shared our skincare winners and today we’re sharing the face makeup picks that we loved most.
1. Foundation for Normal to Oily Skin: Dolce + Gabbana the Foundation Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation, $60
Our editors loved that it covers pimples without aggravating them. “My skin was radiant by shine free,” says one. “A little goes a long way so the price is worth it.”
2. Highlighter: Too Faced Candlelight Glow Duo, $30
One editor swore allegiance to this highlighter after a friend complimented her “lit-from-within” skin. (Well, who wouldn’t, right?)
3. Tinted Moisturizer: Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream, $29
Tinted moisturizers are usually more tint than moisturizer. But this one hydrates like crazy while delivering just enough coverage. “It’s perfect for my ‘good-skin days,'” says one tester.
See More: The Best Bridal Beauty Finds of the Week
4. Blush: Dior Rosy Glow Blush, $44
It seems crazy bright at first but actually gives you just a “romantic flush,” says our tester.
5. Primer: Clinique Superprimers, $27 each
Our tester liked that there are five formulas (for specific concerns like redness or dullness) and loved how they performed. “It keeps your foundation fresh all day,” says one editor.
6. Concealer: La Mer the Radiant Concealer, $70
Rare is the formula that’s equally adept at camouflaging blemishes and under-eye circles, but this cream cover-up hides everything. Says our tester, “It’s the only thing I trust on a monster pimple.”
7. Makeup Brushes: Sonia Kashuk brushes, $1.99 to $19 each
These bargain tools are as buttery soft as high-end version our tester tried. Her fave: No. 49 Domed Blusher Brush ($17, shown). “It’s perfect for putting blush on the apples of your cheeks.”
8. Foundation for Normal to Dry Skin: Revlon ColorStay Makeup, $13
This base evens out skin but doesn’t look or feel heavy, despite the fact that it’s practically bulletproof. “It lasted through an entire work day without getting cakey,” says our tester.
9. Powder: Jane Iredale Amazing Matte Loose Finishing Powder, $31
This is great for setting makeup and halting shine, and unlike many competitors, it left a velvety, not Caspery, finish.
10. Bronzer: Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer, $37
The realistic color wowed our tester, as did the four different shades. Think just-back-from-the-honeymoon color — before you leave for the honeymoon.